The User must obtain an authority from a Customer before transactions for that Customer may be processed through the EFT,NAEDO, Authenticated Collections or Credit Card Service.
1. Only paper, voice-recorded or E-Mandate is accepted as valid mandates.
2. A User may not, without the written consent of the account holder, cede or assign any of its rights in terms of a written, voice-recorded or electronic mandate held by the User, to any third party unless:
3. Mandate authority must be approved by the customer if any material changes or alterations are made to the mandate.
4. Mandates are revoked under the following conditions:
5. Users are required to produce, on request from Direct Debit, at their own cost, an auditor’s certificate confirming the existence of the relative mandates and also confirming that such mandates conform to the minimum requirements as set out above.
6. Users must retain such authority, for a period of 7 years, after payments have ceased. If a customer disputes a transaction it is the responsibility of the User to provide proof of the mandate even though the payments have ceased, or be liable for the claim. The inability to produce a valid mandate or authority shall be deemed evidence that no valid mandate or authority existed or exists.